More than 300 visit Whittlesey Travel’s Greater Peterborough Holiday Show
MORE than 300 people were on the lookout for a cheap break when a Fenland travel agency staged the Greater Peterborough Holiday Show.
The Ivy Leaf Club, in Whittlesey, was the first destination for potential holidaymakers on Saturday when Whittlesey Travel, tour operators and exhibitors offered UK breaks, escorted tours and honeymoons.
Popular breaks included bus trips, skiing holidays and round the world tours were also on offer.
In addition there was a prize draw of a weekend break for two as well as bottles of champagne to get people in the holiday mood despite the January blues.
Sarah Langford, director of Whittlesey Travel, said: “Every stand was busy and covered a wide range of holidays.
You may also want to watch:
“As an independent travel agent we are conscious people want value for money and are well placed give them that.”
Mrs Langford said independent travel agents such as hers were having to show customers value for money as they hesitate to buy during the difficult economic period.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
“People do still take holidays and find the money because we all need a break,” she said. “However people are more conscious of how much they spend to make sure they get the holiday that is right for them.
“It might be harder to save up so people are spending less but are looking for value for money.”