More than £6,000 raised at RSPCA fun day at Block Fen, Wimglington
- Credit: Archant
Animal lovers turned up in their hundreds to raise more than £6,000 while enjoying the fun on offer at the RSPCA’s gala day at its Block Fen centre at Wimblington.
The sun shone as visitors enjoyed a dog show, face painting, arena attractions, stalls, refreshments and tombolas.
The day was part of the annual gala attraction to help raise funds for the centre.
A spokesman for the centre said: “It was fantastic we raised just over £6,000 which needless to say we are delighted with.
“We had an amazing day and the weather was also very kind.
You may also want to watch:
“There were so many familiar faces as well as new ones and lots of dogs.
“The dog show was constantly busy and everyone seemed to be having a great time as always - we cannot thank everyone enough for helping us to make this event as successful as it was.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told