More than fifty jobs created as popular care complex in Doddington opens new building
- Credit: Archant
A care complex in Doddington has opened a new building for around 30 people - creating more than 50 jobs.
The family-owned Askham Village Community is now celebrating the opening of a fifth building for those with specialist needs.
The site currently has around 80 residents.
Experienced care staff provide round the clock care for people with dementia and those with long-term neurological needs as well as offering neurorehabilitation and compassionate palliative care.
The new build will sit alongside its other facilities such as a café, a shop, sensory landscaped gardens and a leisure therapy centre.
Operations director and family owner, Aliyyah-Begum Nasser, said: “We pride ourselves on enabling our residents to live the most rewarding and fulfilled life possible, whatever their age, mental or physical conditions.
“This means so much more than just providing the very best in nurse-led care throughout each of our homes. It means making friends, socialising and receiving visitors. It means having outdoor spaces, a café and leisure facilities. It means feeling safe and secure with a sense of independence and being at home. It means being a community.”
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 6 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
Askham also has a specially built training centre for care workers. Six studio apartments on site are available for staff to use for comfort and convenience - and make it easier for specialists from outside the area to support residents on site.
“As much as we value the health and wellbeing of our residents, it’s just as important to us that our staff are happy, feel respected and valued. Because only then can great care and support be delivered.
“We’re proud to have held our ‘Investors in People’ accreditation for more than 15 years; a testament to the strong culture of inclusion and community here at Askham Village. Over 15 per cent of our staff recently received a ‘long service award’ in recognition of their loyalty to Askham for over five years,” adds Aliyyah.
For more information call 01354 740269. The gardens, café and salon are open to the public. You can chat to the residents and experience a little bit of Askham Village life.