Morrisons’ 470th supermarket to open next week in Wisbech
MORRISONS’ 470th supermarket opens its doors in Wisbech on Monday.
The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathan Farmer, and Marilyn Spinks, from Morrisons’ charity partner Save the Children, will officially cut the ribbon on Monday at 9am.
With a greater emphasis on fresher food, the new store in Elm High Road will incorporate Market Street, Morrisons’ unique collection of individual fresh food shops including the butcher, the baker, and the fishmonger, oven fresh, deli and salad counters.
Customers will benefit from a variety of skilled staff making and preparing fresh food in store as a result.
The new store has created about 250 full and part-time jobs. Nearly 1,500 people hopefuls attended two open days at the Boathouse Business Centre in Wisbech in August in the fight to secure a job at the store.
You may also want to watch:
Store General Manager, Matt Weavers said: “I’m really excited for shoppers of Wisbech to experience our Market Street offer and see the new store. The team have been working around the clock to prepare it – we’ll have real butchers, bakers and fishmongers making and preparing fresh food all day, every day so we can’t wait for customers to come and see it for themselves.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November