Morrisons’ 470th supermarket to open next week in Wisbech
MORRISONS’ 470th supermarket opens its doors in Wisbech on Monday.
The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathan Farmer, and Marilyn Spinks, from Morrisons’ charity partner Save the Children, will officially cut the ribbon on Monday at 09:00.
With a greater emphasis on fresher food, the new store in Elm High Road will incorporate Market Street, Morrisons’ unique collection of individual fresh food shops including the butcher, the baker, and the fishmonger, oven fresh, deli and salad counters.
Customers will benefit from a variety of skilled staff making and preparing fresh food in store as a result.
The new store has created about 250 full and part-time jobs. Nearly 1,500 people hopefuls attended two open days at the Boathouse Business Centre in Wisbech in August in the fight to secure a job at the store.
You may also want to watch:
Store General Manager, Matt Weavers said: “I’m really excited for shoppers of Wisbech to experience our Market Street offer and see the new store. The team have been working around the clock to prepare it – we’ll have real butchers, bakers and fishmongers making and preparing fresh food all day, every day so we can’t wait for customers to come and see it for themselves.”
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’