Mother of the bride started her own business to find some stunning headgear
WHEN Lynne Snarey found it difficult to get the right headgear to wear at her daughters’ weddings, she decided to take things into her own hands, by starting a new business selling fascinators.
Fifty-six-year-old Lynne launched her online business - called Lemon Violet - earlier this year, and has been thrilled at the response she has had from clients around the country.
“This has all been completely new to me, as I was brought up at time when computers were not used,” said Lynne, who lives in March. “My daughters have helped me set up the web site, and I am also on Facebook and Twitter.”
Lynne has sourced stylish fascinators from various suppliers, several of them are hand made in this country, and many are just one-off creations.
“I only get two fascinators that are identical if they are needed by more than one bridesmaid,” explained Lynne. “Some of my suppliers make certain styles to order.
You may also want to watch:
“Because I sell on line, customers can chose fascinators in their own home. Some shops on the High Street only sell fascinators on a seasonal basis, but we offer them all the year round.”
Lynne’s daughter Rebecca was married in April 2011, on the same day that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge tied the knot, and her daughter Leanne married a couple of months ago.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
She said: “I found it was a bit tricky to find the right headdress for the mother of the bride, and because I was already thinking of starting a business, I decided to start selling fascinators.
“I have fascinators that are traditional, modern or quirky; three fascinators I have just added to my collection are really quirky and would be great for a day at the races.”
Lynne’s web-site is; www.weddingfascinator.co.uk