Mothers celebrate completing parenting course at certificate presentation
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of March Councillor Andrew Pugh presented certificates to a group of parents who completed a ten-week parenting course today.
They took part in Stepping Stones, a Cambridgeshire County Council and Ormiston Trust run course for parents and carers of children aged between two and 12-years-old with special educational needs.
Group sessions were held at Burrowmoor Primary School, March, with other parts of the course conducted over the phone.
In total, 16 parents completed the course, although some of them could not make the ceremony.
Kerri Kavanagh, area additional needs family worker, said: “Speaking to the mothers they say they have found it reassuring to know there are other parents in the same situation so they are not on their own.
You may also want to watch:
“They also say they have learnt a lot from the techniques taught on the course, which will help them manage behaviours.
“This is the first time we’ve run the course in this locality and we are hoping to run a course in Chatteris in the new year.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover