Motorbike rider, 45, dies in three-vehicle collision on A15 in Cambridgeshire
A MOTORBIKE rider died following a three-vehicle collision on an A15 slip road in Cambridgeshire yesterday.
Jaiprakesh Patel, 45, of Eastern Avenue, Peterborough, suffered fatal injuries in the collision at around 3.20pm on the Paston Parkway at its junction with the A47.
His black and purple Yamaha motorbike collided with a Toyota Avensis and Renault Privilege goods vehicle. No one else was injured in the crash.
Despite attempts from emergency services and specialist doctors from the lifesaving charity Magpas, Mr Patel was pronounced dead at the scene around 15 minutes after the collision.
The slip road was closed within minutes of the accident taking place and diversions were put in place. The road reopened around four hours later.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Nigel Jennings said: “I would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision or saw any of the vehicles in the moments leading up to the collision.”
Anyone with information about the crash should contact the Roads Policing Unit on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits