Motorbike rider, 45, dies in three-vehicle collision on A15 in Cambridgeshire
A MOTORBIKE rider died following a three-vehicle collision on an A15 slip road in Cambridgeshire yesterday.
Jaiprakesh Patel, 45, of Eastern Avenue, Peterborough, suffered fatal injuries in the collision at around 3.20pm on the Paston Parkway at its junction with the A47.
His black and purple Yamaha motorbike collided with a Toyota Avensis and Renault Privilege goods vehicle. No one else was injured in the crash.
Despite attempts from emergency services and specialist doctors from the lifesaving charity Magpas, Mr Patel was pronounced dead at the scene around 15 minutes after the collision.
The slip road was closed within minutes of the accident taking place and diversions were put in place. The road reopened around four hours later.
Sgt Nigel Jennings said: “I would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision or saw any of the vehicles in the moments leading up to the collision.”
Anyone with information about the crash should contact the Roads Policing Unit on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'