Motorbike being driven without insurance seized in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
A motorbike which was being driven without insurance was seized by police last night.
Officers spotted the Honda NSC 50 R vehicle outside the Spice Lounge restaurant on High Street, Chatteris just before 10.45pm yesterday (Thursday, April 16), and the male rider has since been reported.
Writing on the Policing Fenland Facebook page, a spokesperson said: “At 22:44 hours, officers had cause to stop this motorbike on High Street, Chatteris.
“The rider was found not to have any insurance. We seized their bike and the rider was reported.”
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson added: “The bike will be taken to an impound lot and can be released for a £200 fee. He will likely be issued with a £300 fine and given six penalty points.”
You may also want to watch:
In some instances, a driver could land an unlimited fine or even be disqualified from driving if the case was to go to court.
Police officers also have the power to seize and destroy the vehicle that has been driven without insurance.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told