Motorcycle and car collide in Stonea - motorcyclist is injured and Sixteen Foot is blocked
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist in his 30s has been airlifted to hospital following what has been described as a “serious collision” on the Sixteen Foot near March.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was called shortly before 3.30am to the collision near to the Golden Lion pub at Manea.
Early reports are of the motorcycle being involved in a collision with a car.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said the motorcyclist was taken to Peterborough City Council with “serious but not life threatening” injuries. The man has injuries to his shoulder, legs and arms.
Police, air and land ambulances are on the scene. The road is likely to be closed for the foreseeable future.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are asked to avoid the area if possible.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told