Motorcyclist who died in collision with car on A142 at Mepal named
- Credit: Archant
The motorcyclist who died in a collision on the A142 at Mepal on Sunday has been named.
Arunas Dilys, 50, who lived on a boat at Harbour Square in Wisbech, was involved in a collision with a blue Audi A4 at about 6am on the A142 Ireton’s Way, just south east of Rickwood Close.
Mr Dilys suffered serious injuries and died later the same day at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
The driver of the Audi, a 54-year-old man from Chatteris, was not injured.
A police spokesman said: “Police are investigating the collision and would like to speak to anyone who saw it happen or the motorcycle just prior.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone with information should contact the roads policing unit on 101.”
The A142 was closed for much of the day, between Sutton and Chatteris.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder