Motorist pulled from car in a water filled ditch near Wisbech pronounced dead at scene - police appeal for witnesses
- Credit: Archant
A motorist died today after his body was pulled from his car in a water filled ditch near Wisbech.
A motorist died after his body was pulled from his car in a water filled ditch near Wisbech.
Police say they were called to St Johns Fen End Road shortly after 7.25am on Tuesday to reports of a Volkswagen in the ditch at Gravel Bank.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: “Emergency services attended and a male was discovered inside the vehicle.
“Efforts were made to resuscitate him, however he was pronounced dead at the scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions whilst enquiries continued and officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident. They’re asked to call the Roads Policing Team at Norfolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire