MP backs disabled kids mobility report
MALCOLM Moss, MP for North-East Cambridgeshire, has pledged his support for a new report by children s charities Whizz-Kidz and Barnardo s. The report was presented to Downing Street and highlights how a lack of money and an NHS postcode lottery - which
MALCOLM Moss, MP for North-East Cambridgeshire, has pledged his support for a new report by children's charities Whizz-Kidz and Barnardo's.
The report was presented to Downing Street and highlights how a lack of money and an NHS postcode lottery - which dictates when and if children get a wheelchair - are having a disastrous impact on disabled children across the UK.
Mr Moss says he has supported a Parliamentary motion which backs the report findings and calls on the Government to ensure that disabled children are given the right mobility equipment to meet their needs.
The motion urges the Government to give greater priority within current budgeted departmental spending to ensure that that all disabled children have access to appropriate wheelchairs.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moss said: "I am delighted to be supporting the report, 'Don't push me around!' which highlights the difficulties children and young people face in getting the right wheelchair at the right time.
"It is essential that disabled children get the mobility equipment they need.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover