MP Barclay lends shows support for anti wind turbine campaign
MP STEPHEN Barclay paid a visit to the FenRATs stand at Gorefield Show on Saturday, a move described as a “morale boost” to local wind turbine campaigners.
“His presence on the FenRATs (Fenland Residence Against Turbines) stand was another coupe for the local action group formed less than two months ago,” said FenRATs chairman Ian Edgar.
“It was a real moral boost for us that Mr Barclay should take time out of his day to visit our stand.
“He was talking to us for around 20 minutes and showed a good deal of interest in how our group was working to inform residents about the turbines. He was kind enough to offer his time to attend a future meeting to talk to concerned local residents”.
Mr Edgar said it followed another successful meeting of the FenRATS Action Group at Tydd St Giles which was attended by over 130 local residents. At this meeting it was decided that after the erection of a the meteorological mast on Treading’s Field, Tydd St Giles Fen, the FenRATs action group should become more pro active by taking it’s campaign to each local village in turn.
You may also want to watch:
The Gorefield Show was the first of many information days planned and a considerable number of people visited the stand wanting more information about the proposed Wind factory, which developers hope to site on the Fen between the villages of Gorefield, Newton, Parsons Drove, Sutton St Edmonds and Tydd St Giles.
John Lock the vice chair of the committee had organised the stand at the show and arranged for county councillor, Steve Tierney, one of the group’s biggest supporters, to spend time talking to visitors at the FenRATS stand.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
The next open meeting is to be held in the village hall at Sutton St Edmonds on 2nd July at 19.30.
Lincolnshire M.P. John Hays will be a guest speaker at this meeting along with Mike Seymour District Councilor in South Holland.
For further information regarding meetings please either look at their website www.fenrats.co.uk or call Ian Edgar on 01945 870159