MP Barclay unveils groundbreaking new equipment at March opticians
- Credit: Archant
MP Steve Barclay joined staff at Selby & Taylor opticians to launch a state of the art colorimeter machine which will help to treat patients with reading difficulties related to dyslexia and visual stress.
Opticians at the practice in March will make use of the colorimeter to diagnose colour-related reading difficulties and recommend effective treatments such as colour-tinted lenses tailored to the patient’s requirements.
MP Barclay said: “ It is great to be here to launch this state of the art equipment, which can transform the reading experience of school pupils and help make dramatic improvements to their reading level.
“The colorimeter is an example of cutting edge technology that can be of benefit to local people of all ages who are experiencing vision or reading problems.
“It is a real pleasure to be able to continue supporting the work of local businesses such as Selby & Taylor and I look forward to hearing even more stories of how specialist equipment such as the colorimeter can make a real difference to people’s lives and help them to fulfil their potential.”
You may also want to watch:
The machine was provided to the opticians by Cerium Visual Technologies, who make coloured lenses.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 8 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack