MP Barclay unveils groundbreaking new equipment at March opticians
- Credit: Archant
MP Steve Barclay joined staff at Selby & Taylor opticians to launch a state of the art colorimeter machine which will help to treat patients with reading difficulties related to dyslexia and visual stress.
Opticians at the practice in March will make use of the colorimeter to diagnose colour-related reading difficulties and recommend effective treatments such as colour-tinted lenses tailored to the patient’s requirements.
MP Barclay said: “ It is great to be here to launch this state of the art equipment, which can transform the reading experience of school pupils and help make dramatic improvements to their reading level.
“The colorimeter is an example of cutting edge technology that can be of benefit to local people of all ages who are experiencing vision or reading problems.
“It is a real pleasure to be able to continue supporting the work of local businesses such as Selby & Taylor and I look forward to hearing even more stories of how specialist equipment such as the colorimeter can make a real difference to people’s lives and help them to fulfil their potential.”
The machine was provided to the opticians by Cerium Visual Technologies, who make coloured lenses.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body