MP Lucy Frazer raises Ely’s Princess of Wales MIU in Prime Minister’s Questions
- Credit: Archant
The Prime Minister gave her view after South East Cambridgeshire MP raised the issue during parliamentary question time on Wednesday (14).
Ms Frazer asked during Prime Minister’s Question Time: “The NHS ‘Five Year Forward View’ states that, in future, we will see more care delivered locally.
“Does the Prime Minister think that, in line with that, the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) ought to consider the importance of local care when assessing the future of the Princess of Wales minor injuries unit in Ely?”
Mrs May agreed with Ms Frazer that the ‘Five Year Forward View’ does include the proposal for more local input in terms of care at a local level.
And she stated “it is absolutely right” that local people should be considered and local concerns taken into account when looking at the future of the minor injuries unit.
You may also want to watch:
The Prime Minister also indicated she was aware of the scheduled public meeting in Ely later this month.
Ms Frazer said: “I am very pleased that I was able to raise this important issue with the Prime Minister during Prime Minister’s Questions today. I am pleased that she agreed that the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG should listen to the views of local people when considering the future of the minor injuries unit at the Princess of Wales Hospital, and, as the Prime Minister stated, look forward to raising the concerns that residents have raised with me at the public meeting in Ely on September 27.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire