MP meets the team of staff - and tries some target shooting - on a visit to the outdoor centre given new lease of life
- Credit: Archant
MP Steve Barclay put his orienteering skils to the test on Friday on a visit to Mepal Outdoor Centre.
Steve teamed up with children from Mepal and Witcham Primary School to take part in some orienteering and target shooting sessions.
The NE Cambs MP then met with the new team of staff to learn more about the centre, which was saved from closure last year thanks to the help of development charity, Cambridgeshire ACRE.
Alison Brown, head of business services for ACRE, said: “The management support given by Cambridgeshire ACRE has helped turn the centre’s fortunes around.
“The facilities have been improved and we are now offering an exciting programme of adventurous outdoor activities. Mepal Outdoor Centre is gearing up for a busy summer season ahead and having Steve on site has provided a great opportunity for him to see what a great asset it is for the community.”
You may also want to watch:
The centre is available for family taster sessions, children’s parties, courses, corporate team building sessions, as well as school group bookings. Visit www.mepal.co.uk or call 0300 365 1245.
Mepal Outdoor Centre is a purpose-built outdoor activity centre with dormitories, a campsite, a cafe for meals and a stunning 20 acre lake. The centre can accommodate residential groups of 36. For the more adventurous, our campsite can accommodate 50 – 80 visitors.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire