Government Minister and NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay offers us his 10 second, 26 word Tweet on what the Prime Minister’s Brexit deal will mean for Britain
- Credit: Archant
He’s been in the job a fortnight, has read tens of thousands of words on the subject and written hundreds in support.
And as Brexit Secretary the MP for NE Cambs Steve Barclay has been one of Prime Minister Theresa May’s closest and most loyal allies in hammering home to deal she struck.
But today Mr Barclay offered an altogether easier route to understanding what Brexit will mean – not only for his 80,000 or so constituents but for the rest of the country too.
It came in the form of a 26 word tweet and with an accompanying ‘the Brexit Deal explained’ logo.
Mr Barclay tweeted: “Under the #Brexit deal, we have agreed to strike an ambitious new flexible and scalable relationship that allows us to combine resources worldwide for maximum impact.”
You may also want to watch:
It’s had 59 retweets, 90 likes and 2,500 comments.
A later tweet added: “Our #Brexit deal means the UK can set its own trade policy for the first time in more than 40 years, allowing us to get out in the world and cut deals that work for us and our partners. #BackTheBrexitDeal”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’