MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- Credit: IAN CARTER
The MP for North East Cambridgeshire has praised the “fantastic” team at Doddington Vaccination Centre, who are searching for more volunteers.
MP Steve Barclay, who is a member of the national vaccine taskforce, had his coronavirus vaccine jab on Saturday at Doddington Hospital.
He said: “I would like to say a huge thanks to the fantastic health team at Doddington as well as all the other vaccination teams across North East Cambridgeshire involved with the successful vaccine rollout.
“Having been a member of the national vaccine taskforce, it was great to join so many people locally on Saturday to receive my own jab of the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine.”
He added that “Doddington alone has now vaccinated approximately 30,000 people, which is a huge tribute to Dr Simon Hambling and all his team. Thank you to everyone involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The team is also looking for volunteers to support the clinic.
The shifts are four hours long and require being stood up for most of that time. Weekdays are particularly needed.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
"We have AMAZING volunteers but many are returning to their 'normal' responsibilities," said the team.
"We are so very grateful for the time they have given."
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.