MP Steve Barclay pops into one pub to celebrate its opening, and into another to welcome CAMRA members
MP Stephen Barclay toasted the entrepreneurial vision of entrepreneur Dr Mike Walker at a celebratory buffet to officially open the White Swan at Littleport.
The MP for NE Cambs paid tribute to Dr Walker and his family for “having the courage and inclination” to invest heavily in revamping the former Black Horse pub into a much needed and welcoming riverside restaurant and bar.
Guests got the chance to sample some of the food which features on the menu and which Dr Walker insists will be sourced, wherever possible, from local suppliers.
The former Littleport businessman and his family took on the challenge of converting and renovating the pub after recognising, he said, that East Cambs had the potential for a restaurant that could serve the growing local economy.
Among the guests at the opening night party were (from left): Dr Walker, Councillor Fred Brown, leader of East Cambs Council; Councillor Anthea Davidson, chairman of East Cambs Council; Mr Barclay, Mr Davidson and Mrs Walker. 2723SM08
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barclay also met recently with CAMRA members at the Letter B public house in Whittlesey.
Chairman David Murray said he hoped the MP would have a positive influence on the future of the brnach. Members felt Mr Barclay understood the role that CAMRA played within the community and were encouraged by the support he offered.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
Among those in the photo with him are: Bruce Roan, owner of the Letter B, Mr Murray and John Rice.