MP Steve Barclay visits Macmillan and Hudson Palliative Care Centre in Wisbech
MP Steve Barclay met staff, volunteers and patients at Wisbech’s Macmillan and Hudson Palliative Care Centre during a special visit.
The NE Cambs MP found out its aspiration to become a community NHS Foundation Trust and was shown around the centre’s day therapy unit.
MP Barclay said: “I was thrilled to meet the palliative care team to see and hear how they provide an invaluable service to their patients and families.
“I also thoroughly enjoyed speaking with service users and volunteers at the unit. I would encourage Fenland residents to take up the opportunity to become a member of the Trust and get involved in their local community health and social care services.”
Michelle Knight, palliative care clinical nurse specialist at the centre, said: “We were delighted that Mr Barclay visited our services. We were able to show him our inpatient facility which again provides symptom management and end of life care in a calm and peaceful environment.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a great opportunity for staff to meet their local MP and talk about the services we provide to those with life-threatening illness and their families and carers.”
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned