MP Steve Barclay visits Macmillan and Hudson Palliative Care Centre in Wisbech
MP Steve Barclay met staff, volunteers and patients at Wisbech’s Macmillan and Hudson Palliative Care Centre during a special visit.
The NE Cambs MP found out its aspiration to become a community NHS Foundation Trust and was shown around the centre’s day therapy unit.
MP Barclay said: “I was thrilled to meet the palliative care team to see and hear how they provide an invaluable service to their patients and families.
“I also thoroughly enjoyed speaking with service users and volunteers at the unit. I would encourage Fenland residents to take up the opportunity to become a member of the Trust and get involved in their local community health and social care services.”
Michelle Knight, palliative care clinical nurse specialist at the centre, said: “We were delighted that Mr Barclay visited our services. We were able to show him our inpatient facility which again provides symptom management and end of life care in a calm and peaceful environment.
“It was a great opportunity for staff to meet their local MP and talk about the services we provide to those with life-threatening illness and their families and carers.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?