Mud may get tricky for Vicky in Race for Life challenge
- Credit: Archant
A March businesswoman is raising money for charity by taking part in the race for Life Pretty Muddy challenge.
Vicky Ellis, head of business support at CUB, a March-based energy brokers, is taking part in the challenge by covering a 5k obstacle course.
Ms Ellis said: “Every two minutes someone in the UK is told they have cancer. As the population grows and ages, the number of cases continues to rise.
“My reason to take part is my Dad, he was diagnosed with cancer about three years ago and because they caught it early he has had treatment and been given the all clear. I don’t know anyone whose life hasn’t been affected by cancer and it’s such an important cause to raise money for.”
The race takes place on September 20.
You may also want to watch:
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/vickypeat8
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens