‘Scariest moment of my life’ says mum after car blown off road and over turns near March
- Credit: Archant
A mother described it as “the scariest bloody thing in my life” after wind blew her car off the A141 near March – her daughter, six, was with her.
The woman said she had just overtaken another car on the A141 Isle of Ely Way between Chatteris and Wimblington when the accident happened.
“It was a completely safe place to do so but the wind caught my car,” she said. “I lost control and it ended up flipping into a ditch. It was the scariest bloody thing in my life.”
A police spokesman said emergency services attended a single road traffic collision (RT) on the A141 at 5pm on Saturday.
The spokesman said; “A Ford Galaxy vehicle had left the carriageway and rolled over into a wooded area.
You may also want to watch:
“Two persons have been taken to Peterborough City Hospital by the East of England Ambulance.
“The vehicle was recovered at the scene.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
Police are asking for any witnesses to come forward. If you did please call 101 and quote incident CC-21102017-0352