Mum of four from Whittlesey to relaunch town’s Slimming World group in New Year after losing four stone
- Credit: Archant
A married mum of four from Whittlesey will take over the town’s Slimming World group in the New Year having lost four stone herself.
Charlene Knowles, who has been a slimmer herself for two years, will take over running the 5.30pm and 7.30pm classes.
The turning point for Charlene came when she looked at New Year’s Eve photos and couldn’t believe the person in the picture looking back at her.
She was a size 20 and almost 15 stone, inwardly very insecure and embarrassed by her size. She hated going clothes shopping as her size restricted what and where she could buy clothes, and she hated the number on the hanger.
She decided to join Slimming World in January 2016 and met many members who supported and advised her through her journey and helped her to achieve her target weight.
You may also want to watch:
When Charlene had been a member for almost a year and had lost three stone in weight she decided to become a Slimming World consultant herself and help inspire others.
In January 2017 she re-launched the Whittlesey Wednesday 5.30pm and 7.30pm group with great success.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Her Wednesday group has lost over 300 stone - the equivalent of a large family car.
Now having lost a total of four stone, Charlene says she is thinner, happier and healthier than she had been for 15 plus years.
She is now comfortable in her own skin, healthier for her family and got into her wedding dress in August - the first time ever since her wedding day 14 years ago.
Join Charlene on Tuesday January 2 at Childers at either 5.30pm or 7.30pm or call 07931 313201 for further information.