Mum of two has created a new children’s holiday club
A MUM who was unable to find suitable child care for her family this summer has created a new holiday club for youngsters in Upwell.
Sam Channon’s new ButterPillar Club offers an enormous range of activities, from football and scarecrow making, to pony club and cooking
“We are not your average holiday scheme, we’re offering something a little bit different,” said mum of two Sam.
“Our mission is to assist parents, by giving children important life skills, build their self confidence and self esteem, and to introduce them to new friends.
“There has been little for chidlren to do in Upwell and the surrounding villages during the holiday season, but The ButterPillar Club is set to change that.”
You may also want to watch:
The club will be based at Upwell Community Primary School, offering a programme of activities, excursions and childcare. Activities include circus workshops, making an outfit for the catwalk, various sports, ButterPillar Ramblers, Prince and Princess Academy, speed stacking and arts and crafts.
“We’re also running a two day football academy, a pony club incorporating a mix of horse and stable management and riding, and a pop factory where children get the opportunity to record their favourite songs at a professional music studio,” said Sam
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
“Fish & Chip Friday happens every week, followed by The ButterPillar Party which is set to be a fantastic day.”
The club takes school age children up to the age of 16 and opens on July 26. A variety of childcare packages are available, and transport can be arranged for children from surrounding villages.
Excursions will include trips to Cambridge, Hunstanton and Butlins, and families are welcome to join the fun.
The ButterPillar Club is Ofsted Registered and accepts childcare vouchers. Further information is available on the web site www.thebutterpillarclub.co.uk or call Sam on 01945 774550.