Mum of two has created a new children’s holiday club
A MUM who was unable to find suitable child care for her family this summer has created a new holiday club for youngsters in Upwell.
Sam Channon’s new ButterPillar Club offers an enormous range of activities, from football and scarecrow making, to pony club and cooking
“We are not your average holiday scheme, we’re offering something a little bit different,” said mum of two Sam.
“Our mission is to assist parents, by giving children important life skills, build their self confidence and self esteem, and to introduce them to new friends.
“There has been little for chidlren to do in Upwell and the surrounding villages during the holiday season, but The ButterPillar Club is set to change that.”
You may also want to watch:
The club will be based at Upwell Community Primary School, offering a programme of activities, excursions and childcare. Activities include circus workshops, making an outfit for the catwalk, various sports, ButterPillar Ramblers, Prince and Princess Academy, speed stacking and arts and crafts.
“We’re also running a two day football academy, a pony club incorporating a mix of horse and stable management and riding, and a pop factory where children get the opportunity to record their favourite songs at a professional music studio,” said Sam
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 4 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Couple's puzzle library raises £2,000 for foodbank
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
“Fish & Chip Friday happens every week, followed by The ButterPillar Party which is set to be a fantastic day.”
The club takes school age children up to the age of 16 and opens on July 26. A variety of childcare packages are available, and transport can be arranged for children from surrounding villages.
Excursions will include trips to Cambridge, Hunstanton and Butlins, and families are welcome to join the fun.
The ButterPillar Club is Ofsted Registered and accepts childcare vouchers. Further information is available on the web site www.thebutterpillarclub.co.uk or call Sam on 01945 774550.