Mummified cat mystery as reader appeals for information about Wisbech curiosity
A WISBECH Standard reader asked today if anyone can explain the mystery of a mummified cat alongside Nene Quay, Wisbech.
Anita Bowles contributed these two extraordinary photos of the mummified cat which after coming across them.
“I was walking along Nene Quay when to my astonishment we passed a mummified cat just leaning against the wall,” she said.
“I’m curious as to how the cat got there? He clearly looks old. I’m wondering if someone has found him in the walls as they were renovating the house due to the old custom of bricking up cats, to ward of evil spirits.”
She added: “I hope someone can shed some light on why and how this cat came to be leaning against the wall?”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government