Mummified cat mystery as reader appeals for information about Wisbech curiosity
A WISBECH Standard reader asked today if anyone can explain the mystery of a mummified cat alongside Nene Quay, Wisbech.
Anita Bowles contributed these two extraordinary photos of the mummified cat which after coming across them.
“I was walking along Nene Quay when to my astonishment we passed a mummified cat just leaning against the wall,” she said.
“I’m curious as to how the cat got there? He clearly looks old. I’m wondering if someone has found him in the walls as they were renovating the house due to the old custom of bricking up cats, to ward of evil spirits.”
She added: “I hope someone can shed some light on why and how this cat came to be leaning against the wall?”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 4 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 7 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 8 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 9 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens