Man charged over murder in Peterborough
- Credit: © Terry Harris
A man has been charged with murder following the death of a man in Peterborough.
Nicolae Budurus, 39, of Lincoln Road, has been charged with the murder of 30-year-old Audrius Lapinskas from Watergall in Bretton.
He will appear at Peterborough Magistrates' Court today.
Audrius died in hospital on Sunday evening shortly after being injured and collapsing in an incident in Lincoln Road, at the junction with Northfield Road.
A post mortem examination carried out yesterday (January 7) at Addenbrooke's Hospital concluded Mr Lapinkskas died as a result of being assaulted.
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as an isolated incident.
A police cordon was immediately put up on Lincoln Road between the Searjeant Street/Stone Lane and Harris Street junctions, and it remained in place until around 3pm on Monday.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover