Murder investigation launched after stabbing in Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder investigation after a man was stabbed in Eaton Socon.
Emergency services were called at about 5.25pm yesterday (Sunday) with reports that the man, who is in his 30s, had received serious injuries in Prince Close.
Despite efforts from paramedics to save him, the man died at the scene.
The death is being treated as murder and a police cordon remains up at the scene.
One man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at Colindale Police Station.
Four people have also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. A man and a woman remain in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station and a man and a woman remain in custody at Colindale Police Station.
Detective Chief Inspector Mike Branston who is investigating said the death was being treated as an isolated incident.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 6 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 7 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man charged following Peterborough murder
He said: "We will be continuing enquiries today in and around the Eaton Socon area while our investigation into the death continues."
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting incident 367 of 13 October or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.