Murder probe in Cambridgeshire village
- Credit: ARCHANT
A house remains taped off after a suspicious death which police are describing as a murder investigation.
Police swarmed round the property earlier and warned off neighbours trying to find out what was happening.
The sealed-off house is in Honeysuckle Close, Wimblington, and this afternoon police remain at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “Police are currently at the scene of a suspicious death at a property in Honeysuckle Close, Wimblington.
“The force control room was called by the ambulance service at about 12.10pm today (April 29) following the discovery of a man with injuries. He was declared dead shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
“A 64-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and has been taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station.
“Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death at this time and it is being treated as an isolated incident.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 5 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 8 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 9 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 10 HMO plans submitted for village pub
“A police cordon has been put up at the property and investigations are being carried out at the scene.”
Earlier Magpas air ambulance landed nearby and stayed for 20 minutes.
One resident believes the incident is family related which is why the police presence from earlier has been scaled back.
Another nearby resident says they could see armed police from their window. When they walked out, they were ushered back by police.