Serial murderer Joanne Dennehy reportedly found with her throat slit in prison after failed “suicide pact with lesbian lover”
- Credit: Archant
Notorious serial killer Joanna Dennehy – who stabbed three men to death and dumped their bodies in ditches across the Fens – is believed to have tried to kill herself in jail.
The Mail Online reports this morning (August 17) that the 35-year-old is understood to have been found with her “throat slit” after “making a suicide pact with her lesbian lover” who had also cut her wrists.
The pair were rushed to hospital where their injuries were treated before being returned to HMP Bronzefield in Surrey.
It is believed that once back in prison, Dennehy launched a second suicide attempt which failed.
She is now believed to be being cared for by medics.
You may also want to watch:
The notorious killer was given a life sentence after stabbing three men to death in 2013.
Dennehy murdered Lukasz Slaboszewski, Kevin Lee and John Chapman in and around Peterborough over a 10-day period in March 2013.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
Dennehy became the first woman in the UK to be ordered to die in prison when she was jailed in February 2014 after being sentenced by Mr Justice Spencer.
He described her as a “cruel, calculating, selfish and manipulative serial killer”.