Serial murderer Joanne Dennehy reportedly found with her throat slit in prison after failed “suicide pact with lesbian lover”
- Credit: Archant
Notorious serial killer Joanna Dennehy – who stabbed three men to death and dumped their bodies in ditches across the Fens – is believed to have tried to kill herself in jail.
The Mail Online reports this morning (August 17) that the 35-year-old is understood to have been found with her “throat slit” after “making a suicide pact with her lesbian lover” who had also cut her wrists.
The pair were rushed to hospital where their injuries were treated before being returned to HMP Bronzefield in Surrey.
It is believed that once back in prison, Dennehy launched a second suicide attempt which failed.
She is now believed to be being cared for by medics.
The notorious killer was given a life sentence after stabbing three men to death in 2013.
Dennehy murdered Lukasz Slaboszewski, Kevin Lee and John Chapman in and around Peterborough over a 10-day period in March 2013.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 6 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
Dennehy became the first woman in the UK to be ordered to die in prison when she was jailed in February 2014 after being sentenced by Mr Justice Spencer.
He described her as a “cruel, calculating, selfish and manipulative serial killer”.