Murrow lunch club to link up older people in the community
- Credit: Archant
A new lunch club starts in Murrow aimed at linking up older people in the community.
Organised with the help of Sue Beel at Care Network it starts on Wednesday July at 6pm and will be held fortnightly at The Bell Inn at Murrow. The lunch consists of a traditional two course meal including tea and coffee at a cost of £8.50.
Sue said: “The lunch is aimed at older residents but people of all ages are very welcome.
“The idea is to meet up and have an enjoyable meal in a relaxed and social atmosphere.”
To launch the club there will be a special taster lunch at an introductory price of just £6.50 for July 6 only.
You may also want to watch:
The club will then continue to meet at noon on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the normal price of £8.50.
It is essential to book your meal in advance.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
For more information and to book contact Sue Beel at Care Network on 01945 589953 or Mark Clarke at The Bell on 01945 700422.