Murrow lunch club to link up older people in the community
- Credit: Archant
A new lunch club starts in Murrow aimed at linking up older people in the community.
Organised with the help of Sue Beel at Care Network it starts on Wednesday July at 6pm and will be held fortnightly at The Bell Inn at Murrow. The lunch consists of a traditional two course meal including tea and coffee at a cost of £8.50.
Sue said: “The lunch is aimed at older residents but people of all ages are very welcome.
“The idea is to meet up and have an enjoyable meal in a relaxed and social atmosphere.”
To launch the club there will be a special taster lunch at an introductory price of just £6.50 for July 6 only.
The club will then continue to meet at noon on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the normal price of £8.50.
It is essential to book your meal in advance.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 5 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 6 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 7 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 10 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
For more information and to book contact Sue Beel at Care Network on 01945 589953 or Mark Clarke at The Bell on 01945 700422.