Murrow man in court on indecency offences involving young girl
- Credit: Archant
A man indecently assaulted a girl over a three-year period when she was aged between seven and nine, a court heard.
John Allan (75), of Mill Road, Murrow, has denied 18 counts of indecent assault and indecency with a child, when she was aged between seven and nine, and another count of indecent assault when the girl was 12. The offences are alleged to have taken place in Hoveton in the 1970s.
Andrew Shaw, prosecuting at Norwich Crown Court yesterday (Tuesday), said nine charges were alleged indecent assaults committed between 1974 and 1977, and nine were alleged indecency with a child committed between the same years. The other charge of indecent assault allegedly occurred when the girl was 12, in 1979/80.
Mr Shaw said: “This is a case of historic sexual abuse. It started when the girl was seven and it continued until she was nine - a three-year period.
“The girl never told anyone at the time because she did not know what was being done to her was wrong.
You may also want to watch:
“Her decision to go to the police in her mid-40s was triggered by hearing and reading about the well-publicised revelations about Jimmy Savile. It was then she realised she had been holding off too long.”
The trial continues.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government