Murrow pub’s charity bike ride raises thousands for Magpas
- Credit: Archant
A MURROW pub’s annual charity cycle ride raised more than £2,000 for Magpas.
Cyclists ranging from 14 to 73 years old took part in The Bell Inn’s 10-mile ride which spanned Murrow, Guyhirn, Wisbech St Mary and Parson Drove.
One entrant ran the course while another rode it on their pony.
The pub handed over a cheque for £2,155 to Magpas representative Pamela Heath at a quiz night and raffle which raised money for next year’s event.
Andy Kedziora, the ride organiser, said: “For a small village pub this is brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
“Here at the Bell Inn in three and a half years our loyal customers have raised £11,500 for various charities.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town