Music and beer festival coming to Whittlesey in August
- Credit: Archant
MUSIC will blaze out and beer will flow when a Fenland leisure centre hosts its biggest event to date later this summer.
The Manor Leisure Centre, in Whittlesey, will stage live music and a mini beer festival on August 31.
Fairground rides will be installed and various workshops and activities will be put on for children.
The event is one of more than 20 bookings for the centre over the next few months, including wedding parties, dinner dances, a sportsman’s dinner, meetings and birthday parties.
The centre has undergone a major renovation, including a £140,000 investment in the kitchen and the sports hall to provide a special function room.
You may also want to watch:
The room includes an indoor marquee that can seat up to 220 people.
Councillor Pop Jolley, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder responsible for leisure, said: “A central part of any community is an affordable venue to hold local events.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
“The Manor is a great place to hold almost anything from a family celebration to a serious meeting and its success is a testament to the hard work of the team there.”
If you are interested in hiring the Manor, call 01733 202298 or email email@example.com.