Music teacher memorial
FINAL preparations are being made by musicians who are performing at a concert in memory of a music teacher. The musical celebration by the Friends of Paul Caller, who was head of music at the Neale-Wade Community College in March, will be held on Saturda
FINAL preparations are being made by musicians who are performing at a concert in memory of a music teacher.
The musical celebration by the Friends of Paul Caller, who was head of music at the Neale-Wade Community College in March, will be held on Saturday, September 29.
Former colleagues of Mr Caller, and students who were taught by him, will be playing at the concert. Guest performances from Wisbech Grammar School, the Jack Hunt School in Peterborough and London-based music group Storey are also included.
The concert, which takes place at St Peter's Church in High Street, starts at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £5 adults, £2 for children, students and pensioners, or £7 for a family ticket. They are available from Neale-Wade by visiting the Wimblington Road school or by calling 01354 653430.
All the proceeds will be going to the Paul Caller appeal, set up to support students studying music at the school.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
Mr Caller died in January after a long illness. He was 57.u