Musical March couple are in fine tune as Sam Smith cover goes viral, attracting over 14,000 views in just three days!
A musical couple from March say they are in “absolute shock” after their cover of the new James Bond theme song attracted 14,500 Facebook views in just three days.
Aimee Peart-Webb and Tom Harlock, who regularly perform at gigs and weddings in the area, decided to record their own version of Sam Smith’s ‘Writing’s On The Wall’ after Aimee heard it on the radio.
“We had played our version at gigs and people seemed to really like it, so I suggested to Tom that we record it to tie in with the release of ‘Spectre’.
“Then it just went a bit crazy,” Aimee said.
“Our phones just kept buzzing with notifications from our friends. Even people we don’t know were sharing the video and giving us compliments.
“We couldn’t quite believe it,” she added.
“We just want to say thank you very much to everyone who supported us with it and there will be more to come.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel until later due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
Aimee, a dispensing optician at Spectacular, said that she and her partner Tom, who is a teaching assistant at Cromwell Community College are now working on a cover of Adele’s ‘Hello’.
Aimee and Tom will next perform at George’s pub in March on Friday November 27 after the Christmas lights switch on, where they hope to “get everyone in the mood for Santa.”