Musical March couple are in fine tune as Sam Smith cover goes viral, attracting over 14,000 views in just three days!
A musical couple from March say they are in “absolute shock” after their cover of the new James Bond theme song attracted 14,500 Facebook views in just three days.
Aimee Peart-Webb and Tom Harlock, who regularly perform at gigs and weddings in the area, decided to record their own version of Sam Smith’s ‘Writing’s On The Wall’ after Aimee heard it on the radio.
“We had played our version at gigs and people seemed to really like it, so I suggested to Tom that we record it to tie in with the release of ‘Spectre’.
“Then it just went a bit crazy,” Aimee said.
“Our phones just kept buzzing with notifications from our friends. Even people we don’t know were sharing the video and giving us compliments.
You may also want to watch:
“We couldn’t quite believe it,” she added.
“We just want to say thank you very much to everyone who supported us with it and there will be more to come.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Aimee, a dispensing optician at Spectacular, said that she and her partner Tom, who is a teaching assistant at Cromwell Community College are now working on a cover of Adele’s ‘Hello’.
Aimee and Tom will next perform at George’s pub in March on Friday November 27 after the Christmas lights switch on, where they hope to “get everyone in the mood for Santa.”