My calls to RSPCA about the swan on River Nene were pointless
IN response to last week’s letters about the male swan on the River Nene in March, on June 23 I rang the RSPCA at about 8pm as it was in the water but didn’t seem too well. I couldn’t say it was dead - its neck was arched but its head was down.
I got through to the call centre where they were more concerned if I was a Miss or Mrs! Someone then called me back and I gave more details. I waited, tried ringing back.
Someone told me that the swan was taken out of the water 4pm the following day! If this is correct I am very disappointed.
Should I bother next time I see something in distress?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal