My calls to RSPCA about the swan on River Nene were pointless
IN response to last week’s letters about the male swan on the River Nene in March, on June 23 I rang the RSPCA at about 8pm as it was in the water but didn’t seem too well. I couldn’t say it was dead - its neck was arched but its head was down.
I got through to the call centre where they were more concerned if I was a Miss or Mrs! Someone then called me back and I gave more details. I waited, tried ringing back.
Someone told me that the swan was taken out of the water 4pm the following day! If this is correct I am very disappointed.
Should I bother next time I see something in distress?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films