My calls to RSPCA about the swan on River Nene were pointless
IN response to last week’s letters about the male swan on the River Nene in March, on June 23 I rang the RSPCA at about 8pm as it was in the water but didn’t seem too well. I couldn’t say it was dead - its neck was arched but its head was down.
I got through to the call centre where they were more concerned if I was a Miss or Mrs! Someone then called me back and I gave more details. I waited, tried ringing back.
Someone told me that the swan was taken out of the water 4pm the following day! If this is correct I am very disappointed.
Should I bother next time I see something in distress?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 8 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021