Mystery guest to launch new complex at Tydd St Giles
- Credit: Archant
A SPECIAL VIP guest has been promised for the official opening ceremony of a Cambridgeshire leisure centre.
The £2million development complex, featuring a heated indoor pool with a coco jet machine, steam room and sauna, as well as a fully air-conditioned fitness suite, will be unveiled at Tydd St Giles Golf & Leisure Estate next Thursday.
All of the new facilities will be free for visitors to use during the day.
Adrian Hurst, managing director of the estate, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be unveiling our new build. At 12.30pm a ribbon cutting will take place to officially announce the opening of our new country club leisure estate and a special celebratory cake will be served to visitors, while stocks last.
“Councillor Alan Melton, Leader of Fenland District Council and Cllr Vivian McRae, Mayor of Wisbech Town Council will be helping with the ceremony, as well as a mystery celebrity guest. Full details will not be revealed until a week before the event so watch this space.”
You may also want to watch:
The official launch marks the start of a special open week which takes place from February 15 until February 24.
Tydd St Giles Golf & Leisure Estate first opened as a nine-hole golf course in 1995 and became a holiday venue in 2009 with the addition of seven holiday lodges.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
The ceremony takes place at noon on February 14.