Mystery school photos claimed by a Cambs Times reader
A SET of school photos found hidden in the back of a photo frame bought at a second had shop has been returned its rightful owner, thanks to this newspaper.
Susan Brittain was delighted to see the photos published in the Cambs Times - and she has already claimed the pictures of her children, nephews and nieces.
The pictures had belonged to Susan’s late mother, Annie Ward from Manea, who died earlier this year.
Susan explained: “When we cleared the house, the last couple of boxes of bric- a- brac went to the Acre Attic shop in March, I had no idea the pictures of my mother’s grandchildren were in the back of the empty frame.
“We thought we had kept all the photos, so it is lovely to have them back. The photos date back to the early 1990s, so it was quite a shock to see them in the paper.”
You may also want to watch:
Susan has already written a letter of thanks to Brenda Walker, who found the photos when she bought the frame earlier this month.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government