Naomi raises hundreds and faces fears with skydive to fight childhood liver disease
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old beauty therapist from Doddington will put her fears aside this Saturday (September 3) when she does her first charity skydive.
Naomi Moore, who admits to being afraid of heights, is raising money for Children’s Liver Disease Foundation (CLDF) having been inspired by her friends’ baby daughter who was born with a rare liver condition.
She has already smashed her fundraising target of £400, having already raised £560.
Miss Moore said: “I know that CLDF have been a great help to Ella’s parents and to many other families who have to cope with the news that their child has a serious liver disease.
“It’s also important to them to raise awareness of liver disease in children so I thought a skydive would be a good way of doing that and of raising money for such a good charity.
You may also want to watch:
“I am both nervous and excited. I’ll be overcoming a big fear of mine and hope it will be the experience of a lifetime.”
CLDF chief executive Alison Taylor said: “We are the only charity which is dedicated to fighting all forms of childhood liver disease. We do this by providing information, emotional support, research funds and a voice for all affected.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
“To do this, however, we rely almost entirely on community fundraising which is why we are so grateful that Naomi has decided to do this for us.
“We hope it proves an amazing experience for Naomi and wish her all the best.”
To further support Naomi’s skydive visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Naomi-Moore2? or for more information on CLDF visit childliverdisease.org