Native American culture to be showcased at an awareness day at Westwood Junior School, March
NATIVE American Indians will descend on Westwood Junior School, March, tomorrow for a “Friends Pow-wow Awareness Day” – a spectacular showcase and celebration of Native American culture, music, dance and crafts.
Doors open at 10am for the event, which is being run in aid of the charity Friends of the Rez which is running a pow wow in 2013.
John Chappell, who heads up the charity, said: “The opportunity to host an awareness day and to have our Native American friends over to showcase their culture is amazing.
“The day will be full of music and dance, as well as a chance to sample a range of refreshments including Native American style fry-bread. It will be a great day out for all the family.”
Native American guests will join British enthusiasts dressed in authentic regalia throughout the day. There will be demonstrations of dance, interpreting and respecting the Native American traditions stretching back centuries.
All this will happen to the sound of authentic Native American drums, with lots of workshops, talks and activities taking place for all ages and interests.
The fun continues into the evening, from 6.30pm the venue will host a concert which will include singing, hoop dancing, social dancing, flutes and drums.
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
For more details, contact Beverly Chappell on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact John on 07786 311347.