NE Cambs MP Barclay joins art lovers grabbing bargains at Affordable Fine Art Fair
STEVE Barclay MP was among the 250 visitors to the three day Affordable Fine Art Fair held at March Town Hall.
The organisers, artists Marian Savill and Richard Savage, were delighted with the response to the event.
Richard said: “Sales were good and the atmosphere was excellent.
“The aim of the fair was to offer artists an opportunity to get their work seen and sold and for visitors to see that fantastic artwork doesn’t have to cost a fortune.”
Marian added: “The feedback has been fantastic and we were thrilled with the response. We plan to organise another similar event next spring.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 20 artists, many from Fenland, but others from as far afield as Manchester and Brighton, sold their work for less than �50.
Marian and Richard also organise an event at Savage Studios in Chatteris called Packed with Art, where artists and makers sell their work from suitcases.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
The next Packed with Art event is being held on Saturday September 29, from 11am-3pm.