NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay praises soldiers during visit to 254 Medical Regiment
NE CAMBS MP Steve Barclay hailed the professionalism of the soldiers during a visit to a 254 Medical Regiment training weekend.
Mr Barclay travelled to the Stanford Training Area of the regiment, which is part of the Territorial Army.
He presented promotions to Lance Corporal Sally Howard, Lance Corporal Thomas Duffy and Staff Sergeant Kiran Gurung.
Mr Barclay said: “I had the opportunity to meet many of the soldiers as well as experience some of their training first hand.
“I was particularly impressed by the professionalism and commitment of everyone involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The 254 Medical Regiment employs combat medics, LGV drivers, mechanics, chefs, signallers and clerks as well as healthcare professionals.
Mr Barclay said: “Having seen their work first hand I would strongly encourage anyone who is interested to get in touch with the regiment direct on 01223 275103.”
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire