NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay to help arts and sports groups secure extra funding
MP Steve Barclay will host an event to help arts and sports groups from across North East Cambridgeshire secure extra funding.
The NE Cambs MP will hold a ‘funding day’ to raise awareness within the Fens about what grants are available from bodies such as the Arts Council, Sport England and the Big Lottery Fund.
Since being elected MP Barclay has discovered that the area has not received a single ‘grant for the arts’ from the Arts Council in the last three years.
He said: “It is time our cultural heritage and sporting bodies in the Fens was better recognised by national and regional bodies.
“There is also a responsibility on us as a community to be better at identifying potential cases for funding and constructing a case that meets the criteria of these funding bodies.
You may also want to watch:
“The lack of funding is not just limited to the arts, as I have found this is part of a wider pattern where sports and community groups also receive well below the national average.”
The event will be held at MP Barclay’s office in the South Fens Business Park, Chatteris, on September 29.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
Any arts, sports or community groups wishing to attend the forum must contact Alan Brace, his senior parliamentary assistant, on 01354 697808 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org as registration is required for the event.