Neale-Wade band to perform stage and screen classics for charity Help for Heroes
- Credit: Archant
A band made up of Neale-Wade Academy students and staff will perform a concert in aid of military charity Help for Heroes and the school’s music department.
The Hereward Concert Band will be perform stage and screen classics at Neale-Wade on Saturday, September 5.
The concert has been organised by music teacher Ceri Griffin and band leader Alan Norris.
Ms Griffin said: “Everyone at Neale-Wade is looking forward to the concert, which will see students, staff and professional and amateur musicians from the local area perform.
“The band will be playing a range of music from stage and screen, including highlights from My Fair Lady, Big Country and James Bond, as well as classics such as An American in Paris, Trumpets Wild and March Slave.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event cost £5 for adults and £3 for under 16s and students, and will be available to purchase on the night. Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend