Neale Wade Community College gearing up for spectacular Wizard of Oz show
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS at Neale Wade Community College are busy preparing for a massive production of “Wizard of Oz” which promises to captivate audiences next month.
Students and staff have been rehearsing since October for this year’s musical, which will be the first to take place in the college’s new main hall.
The leading roles have been so highly coveted that two Dorothy’s and two Wizards have been cast.
The show is a collaborative effort between the college’s musical and drama departments.
Head of music Jan Brownhill is in charge of the musical aspect of the show while Emma Liveredge, head of drama, is the director.
You may also want to watch:
She has been assisted by fellow drama teacher Peter Wyborn, who says the audience can expect a memorable show.
He said: “The students are doing everything for themselves, including lighting and production.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
“People will enjoy the energy, commitment and enthusiasm of the performers.
“This is an all-singing, all-dancing show.”
Performances start at 7.30pm on March 7, 8 and 9 in the main hall.
Tickets are £5 for adults, £4 for concessions and are available from the school box office on 01354 606074