Neale-Wade Community College Prom
STUDENTS at Neale-Wade Community College, in March, walked down the red carpet and past the world-famous Hollywood sign to the flashes of paparazzi cameras as if it was Oscars night. And, when they got to the ballroom, they were greeted by cardboard cut-o
STUDENTS at Neale-Wade Community College, in March, walked down the red carpet and past the world-famous Hollywood sign to the flashes of paparazzi cameras as if it was Oscars night.
And, when they got to the ballroom, they were greeted by cardboard cut-outs some of entertainment's most famous names including Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley and even Buzz Lightyear.
It was all put on for the Year 11 prom, held on Saturday evening. About 200 students and 40 staff attended, with entertainment provided through a disco.
The prom was organised by a committee made up of Year 11 students, who held a number of fundraising events to pay for the night.
Tracy Reed, a mentor for Year 9, 10 and 11 students at Neale-Wade, said: "They must have felt they were at the Oscars with the photographers at the end of the carpet."
"It was fabulous. They arrived in limos, Hummers, Aston Martins, vintage cars and more. Two girls also arrived in a horsebox accompanied by a cowboy.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 9 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 10 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer