Neale-Wade Community College Prom
STUDENTS at Neale-Wade Community College, in March, walked down the red carpet and past the world-famous Hollywood sign to the flashes of paparazzi cameras as if it was Oscars night. And, when they got to the ballroom, they were greeted by cardboard cut-o
STUDENTS at Neale-Wade Community College, in March, walked down the red carpet and past the world-famous Hollywood sign to the flashes of paparazzi cameras as if it was Oscars night.
And, when they got to the ballroom, they were greeted by cardboard cut-outs some of entertainment's most famous names including Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley and even Buzz Lightyear.
It was all put on for the Year 11 prom, held on Saturday evening. About 200 students and 40 staff attended, with entertainment provided through a disco.
The prom was organised by a committee made up of Year 11 students, who held a number of fundraising events to pay for the night.
You may also want to watch:
Tracy Reed, a mentor for Year 9, 10 and 11 students at Neale-Wade, said: "They must have felt they were at the Oscars with the photographers at the end of the carpet."
"It was fabulous. They arrived in limos, Hummers, Aston Martins, vintage cars and more. Two girls also arrived in a horsebox accompanied by a cowboy.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder