Neale-Wade Community College Prom
STUDENTS at Neale-Wade Community College, in March, walked down the red carpet and past the world-famous Hollywood sign to the flashes of paparazzi cameras as if it was Oscars night. And, when they got to the ballroom, they were greeted by cardboard cut-o
STUDENTS at Neale-Wade Community College, in March, walked down the red carpet and past the world-famous Hollywood sign to the flashes of paparazzi cameras as if it was Oscars night.
And, when they got to the ballroom, they were greeted by cardboard cut-outs some of entertainment's most famous names including Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley and even Buzz Lightyear.
It was all put on for the Year 11 prom, held on Saturday evening. About 200 students and 40 staff attended, with entertainment provided through a disco.
The prom was organised by a committee made up of Year 11 students, who held a number of fundraising events to pay for the night.
You may also want to watch:
Tracy Reed, a mentor for Year 9, 10 and 11 students at Neale-Wade, said: "They must have felt they were at the Oscars with the photographers at the end of the carpet."
"It was fabulous. They arrived in limos, Hummers, Aston Martins, vintage cars and more. Two girls also arrived in a horsebox accompanied by a cowboy.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 7 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze