Neale-Wade friends raise £900 for Papworth Trust with charity darts tournament
- Credit: Archant
A charity darts tournament organised by two Neale-Wade students raised an impressive £900 for the Papworth Trust.
Sixty darts players took part in triples and pairs competitions and many more people attended to support the event at the GER Sports and Social Club on Saturday.
Friends Nathan Cross and Shae Pooley were taking part in the School Accumulator Challenge.
The darts triples was won by Terry Redhead, Andy Hircock and Jack Emery who beat Pete Church, Tom Granger and Simon Neville in the final.
The pairs event was won by Steve Carrett and Shaun Wright who beat Brian Jones and Gary Hill in the final.
You may also want to watch:
John Anderson won the £50 for being the closest to guessing how many flights were in the bottle and donated £20 of his winnings to the charity.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle