Neale Wade hour launches this month at March school
- Credit: Archant
Neale-Wade Academy in March is introducing an extra hour of optional teaching to the end of the school day.
The new ‘Neale-Wade Hour’ will include a wide variety of options for students to choose from including revision sessions in core subjects to extracurricular opportunities like Latin or problem solving.
Principal, Jason Wing said: “The desire to improve never ceases and our students are often asking about additional ways staff can support them.
“The NW Hour gives us an ideal opportunity to meet the aspirations of our students, parents and the local community as a whole.”
Director of curriculum and careers at the Academy, Sam Mandley, said the plans have been met with a great deal of positivity.
“Many of our students participate in a range of after school activities anyway, so it makes sense to formalise the sessions as part of the timetable,” she said.
“There’s been a great level of enthusiasm from both the staff and the students so we are looking forward to getting the sessions officially up and running.”
- 1 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 2 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 3 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 4 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
The sessions are being introduced to build on the Academy’s exceptional GCSE and A Level results.
The intention is to give more able students the opportunity to push themselves and provide additional support for any students who may need it.
The additional period will be formally introduced later this month.