New access to Fenland village as roadworks on A1122 enter latest phase
ACCESS to a Fenland village is set to change today as the roadworks on the A1122 enter a new phase.
The �800,000 project to repair a small section of the A1122 between Nordelph and Salters Lode, near Downham Market, began on October 18 and motorists have faced a lengthy diversion along the A1101, A47 to King’s Lynn and then the A10 to get to Downham Market.
The reconstruction and resurfacing work has now moved to the Downham Market side of Salters Lode and although heavy vehicles will still have to follow the signed diversion, a shorter route is now available to enter Salters Lode from the west.
Lighter vehicles (under 7.5 tonnes and 6ft 6in wide) can take advantage of the shorter route by using Lady Drove, Barroway Drove to Nordelph, before turning left on the A1122 to enter Salters Lode.
However, vehicles heading for the village from the Downham Market direction are being told not to attempt using the A1122 via the ‘gateway’ at the junction with Lady Drove to gain access.
Norfolk County Council has apologised for the inconvenience caused by the “essential roadworks”.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road